Terry / Bonham House
The Terry / Bonham House was originally built by Colonel John Terry in 1870. The building style is Greek revival. Its initial design was a six room shotgun house which faced Edmond Street formerly known as Terry Street. The house was purchased by Joseph Beyer in the 1800's. In 1910, he removed four rooms from the back portion of the house and turned the house to face Lee Street. He then added the second story and three rooms to the right of the house.
In the mid 1900's the Bonham family rented the house. They were known for the many parties and dances given in the house. Today there are still individuals that attended socials at 422 Lee Street, and they fondly remembered the Bonhams and still refer to the house as the "Bonham House".
In 1976, Dr. and Mrs. James M. Otis (Brenda) purchased the house. They converted it back to a single family dwelling. For the previous 30 or 40 years it had been a two unit apartment house. The integrity of the house has remained intact throughout the years.